Jun 25, 2007

Graduation Day

Graduation DayThis evening my son Chris graduated from Grade Eight. Next year he'll be in high school, in their gifted program. Tonight I'm at home waiting for his graduation party to end (or get a phone call from the Fire Department). His class is out on a evening harbour cruise to celebrate and they return to the school at 11:00 PM.

I think Chris accidentally "graduated" last night though... He wanted to see a film so we walked over to the movieplex and chose Knocked Up, which Sheryl had recommended to me, by the director of The 40 Year-Old Virgin. It didn't start out very promisingly, just another slacker buddy flick, but it turned into a reasonable relationship mismatch film. I found the birth scenes moving, although startlingly graphic. The flaw was that Seth Rogen's "Ben" never really stopped being an immature goof ball while Katherine Heigl's "Alison" never convinced me that she'd really have give him a chance. The real problem though was that there was a fair amount of frontal nudity in it! I should have noted the rating before agreeing to see it with my thirteen year-old son...

Update: Chris reports that their harbour cruise encountered a boatload of naked people taking photos of themselves. I guess there's only so much you can do to manage such things!

Listening to: Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) by Baz Luhrmann from Baz Luhrmann Presents: Something For Everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment