Jun 28, 2007

The Drowsy Chaperone

On Tuesday evening, after a 20K run, I joined a friend for drinks at Hemingway's with his visiting nephew. My friend left at around 1:00 AM, but his nephew wanted to keep going with some of our friends. I stayed too, planning to finish my drink and steer his nephew back home. Didn't work out that way. At around 3:00 AM I finally gave up and walked back to my friend's place to get my car. The nephew? He took off with one of the friends...

I got home around 4:00 AM and was awakened at 9:00 AM by Sheryl's dog Barkley wanting to go for a walk. About an hour later I met another friend to help him shop for computer accessories. Fortunately he roasts his own coffee beans and had a really strong coffee ready for me. Sheryl got back from Paris in the evening and we met for a coffee and to transfer Barkley back. I was too tired to join her for dinner though.

I tried to get to bed early that night, but I was keyed-up over a photo shoot this morning. I get tense when I have to provide my own wardrobe! It worked out well in any event, a husband and wife shoot for a new home development. The woman playing "wife" was in the young trophy category, which made for a pleasant morning. The final setup was at a winery, so we finished with a glass of Pinot Grigio.

Now I'm getting ready to head up to Ottawa for a whitewater rafting trip tomorrow morning. On the way back I'm going to stop in Peterborough for a 90K bike workout on the Half Ironman course I'll be racing on next weekend. When does this stuff stop?

P.S. iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! Everyone's talkin' 'bout it, so I think I'll join in. They go on sale tomorrow in the US. Good thing they're not going to be sold in Canada just yet, I'd be hard pressed to resist picking one up... The fewer, and sexier, the number of gadgets I carry the happier I am.

P.P.S. The Drowsy Chaperone is a little one-off Canadian play that has grown into an international hit. I've promised myself I'll see it when it comes home again.

Listening to: Into the Mystic by Van Morrison from Moondance.

No comments:

Post a Comment