Jan 22, 2007

Deja Vu All Over Again?

I took my new Polar S120 heart rate monitor with me to the gym today (thanks Sis). I met Sheryl and her sister-in-law first for a coffee though, and they kindly dropped me off near the gym. As I stepped away from the car I felt for my monitor, which I'd stuffed in my jacket pocket. Not there. I waved for Sheryl to stop and checked the car seat. Not there either. Had I lost the watch part of my heart rate monitor again? (I lost my first one last summer at a place called Gulliver Lake.) Nope. It was on the sidewalk back where I'd stepped out of the car... Dodged that bullet.

I had a pretty good spinning class, except for the fact that I'd got the starting time wrong and was 15 minutes late. I got 35 minutes in anyway, and followed it with a 7 K treadmill run. The treadmill recognised my heart rate monitor, and displayed my pulse automatically! Nice.

After scouring a local used book store for the paper airplane book I mentioned yesterday I walked home to find Chris home from school sneaking in a bit of after-school WoW time. He quickly quit and turned to the task of building a dozen paper airplanes of different designs. His Mom arrived shortly thereafter to give him a lift home, and I was out the door to configure a friend's new wireless internet router. Then it was on the my triathlon club's evening board meeting, where I have been given even more web content to create. Guess I should stop blogging and get to it.

Listening to: Another Postcard by Barenaked Ladies from Everything To Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment