Oct 11, 2006

Connections

I drove Sheryl to the airport this morning, she's flying back to Australia for ten days to deal with some family issues that I won't go into here. This means that Chris and I are dog-sitting again, and little Barkley is sitting on the back of my couch right now waiting for the rain to stop so we can go for a walk.

A minute ago I got a call from the Red Cross, asking me to come in to donate platelets. I'm still on antibiotics for a nasty infection I had on my right arm, so I said that I mightn't be able to come in until next week. While we discussed possible dates and times I suddenly realised that they weren't simply hoping to collect a unit of blood, they needed it for a particular cancer patient that I was a match for.

That put a whole new perspective on it.

Listening to: Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of by U2 from All That You Can't Leave Behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment