Sep 5, 2006

Ready for Heaven

Family PortraitMy brother was in town with his family last weekend for a friend's wedding. We all gathered at my parent's house in Cobourg Monday morning for a reunion and to see his twin daughters christened. Such matters and social events are very important to our mother so she invited her 50 closest friends to join us, and cooked for them all... Sheryl couldn't come, but she sent a mango banana cake and "flower pot" cupcake. The image is an old family portrait I took an impulse photo of.

Baptism 1Although I was braced for anything it was actually a good morning. We all got to see the twins again and chat with a lot of family friends. By funny co-incidence one of my brother's good friends, who joined us, is an old classmate I hadn't seen since 1977. It was nice to catch up with him.

The christening was performed by an Anglican minister who reminded us that baptism doesn't guarantee entry into heaven and that being unbaptised doesn't bar you from the pearly gates. I'm sure my mother feels that it's "better to be safe than sorry".

Listening to: Happy House by Siouxsie and The Banshees from Kaleidoscope.

No comments:

Post a Comment