Dec 23, 2005

Christmas Mix Tape

At my last job I got the idea of putting up some in-house "radio stations" on our network to try to minimise the amount of bandwidth being used by staff listening to internet radio. I experimented with Christmas music because it happened to be "that most wonderful time of the year." The result was that I accumulated a lot of Christmas CDs. Many of these collections contained some of the same songs, sometimes even by the same artist.

Last year I looked at my pile of discs and decided to create "one good one." Here's my current "holiday" playlist:

  1. Sleigh Ride - Ella Fitzgerald w. The Frank DeVol Orchestra
  2. Song For A Winter's Night - Sarah McLachlan
  3. The Huron Carol - Toronto Children's Chorus
  4. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders
  5. A Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
  6. Christmas Time - Smashing Pumpkins
  7. It's A Marshmallow World - Kim Stockwood
  8. River - Travis
  9. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Heather, Cookie & Raylene Rankin
  10. Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
  11. Oíche Chiún (Silent Night) - Enya
  12. My Favorite Things - The Supremes
  13. Children Go Where I Send You - Heather, Cookie & Raylene Rankin
  14. Jingle Bells - Diana Krall
  15. Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder
  16. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You) - Nat King Cole
  17. Linus And Lucy - Vince Guaraldi Trio
  18. Christmas Time is Here - Diana Krall
  19. Winter Wonderland - The Funk Brothers
Don't get me started on those radio stations that convert to "All Christmas" for the month of December though. Disgusting!

Listening to: O Holy Night by Tracy Chapman from A Very Special Christmas, Volume 3.

1 comment:

  1. I love Nat King Cole's Christmas Song. There's nothing better! I hope you had a great holiday with C and the lady. Sounds like a movie. lol

    ReplyDelete