Nov 4, 2010

Comet Hartley 2

Perhaps like a comet I'll make a brief appearance here every few years? No, I'll find time for this blog again... This morning I spotted a post on Bad Astronomy about NASA's EPOXI spacecraft taking pictures of the nucleus of comet Hartley 2 from just 700 km away. Amazing.

EPOXI travelled 24 million km to visit Hartley 2.
Oh yeah, I had my 50th birthday on the weekend. Quiet family gathering with a few friends, Halloween-themed (ugh), just like my 10th birthday... A nice evening. The surprise of the night was a birthday present of a gorgeous iPad from my girlfriend Janet. It's now a battle between her and I as to who gets to play Angry Birds on the iPad and who has to settle for the iPhone.


Listening to: Mountain Top by Bedouin Soundclash from Light the Horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment