Jul 5, 2009

Looking Down from the Mountaintop

Whew! I've just finished my biggest week of training. The next few weeks will be much easier, and then comes race day on the 26th down in Lake Placid. The City worker's strike hasn't affected my training too much as I've switched to open water swimming anyway. Seems like all my runs have passed by stinky garbage holding areas though.

Saturday was composed of a 2K swim, 5 hour 160K bike ride (back up to Jackson Point and then adding on a side trip to Musselman Lake) finishing with a little 5K run. Followed by a three hour nap. Today was merely a 2 1/2 hour 31K run, but also followed by a prolonged nap...

I'm looking forward to cutting back the mileage! My butt is killing me, even through my most-padded cycling shorts.

Listening to: Getting Better by The Beatles from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Bootleg).

No comments:

Post a Comment