Dec 3, 2008

News "Flash"


In my morning internet peregrinations I came across a review of a free Flash game called Auditorium. Take Flash, particle physics and music samples and stir intelligently... The result is a very appealing online puzzle/game. I think their web connection has been "slashdotted" since I visited this morning though. They need to host the game somewhere upstream of their office's internet connection! It would be really cool on the iPhone's touchscreen, but the iPhone is a Flash no-go zone...

Last night I went out with some friends to see the new Baz Luhrmann epic Australia. I'm a bit ambivalent about this one; it was nearly three hours long, ended at least three times and is the first film I've been to that required two "bio breaks". (Note to self: a 10 liter cola is not helpful when watching epic films.) The plot verged on nonsensical and the acting was generally way over the top. The special effects were painfully obvious. BUT... the star was really the Australian landscape, which was beautifully captured and little Brandon Walter's performance as a "creamy" half white-half aboriginal boy was fabulous. Writing this crystallises my thoughts: I have to vote Australia off the island. If you want to see the subject of historical Australian prejudice against half-white children dramatically presented rent the film Rabbit-Proof Fence.

Politics: Stephen Harper is so freaked out due suddenly realising that a minority government has to get support from other parties, who have a constitutional right to propose an alternative government that doesn't include him, that he is going to address the nation tonight. This should be interesting.

Listening to: Hate to Say I Told You So by The Hives from Veni Vidi Vicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment