May 3, 2007

I'm Ready for my Closeup, Mr. DeMille

All the hard work is finished and my house now looks like something out of Architectural Digest. Well, sort of. Most of my accumulated life debris has either been packed and put in storage or has found new homes. (I think there are full-time garbage pickers that cruise my neighbourhood looking for interesting "trash". Nothing lingered on my lawn for more than an hour or two.) My office has moved from a messy corner of the dining room to a tidy corner of the basement. Upstairs we've followed the policy of army recruits: "If it moves, salute it. If not, paint it!"

I invited Sheryl over last night to have a look at my new improved home and she was amazed. Here's the listing. My neighbours got an actual "reveal" as the painters draped the front porch in traps while outside work was done because of wet weather only removed it when the work was complete. Today was the first day of the listing. I was out of the house at 9:00 AM and couldn't return until 9:00 PM! Luckily I was able to keep busy with errands and a sudden job interview.

In the midst of all the packing Chris and I went to see Hot Fuzz on Sunday evening. By the creative team behind Shaun of the Dead, it was a similar loving collection of cop flick cliches. Some good laughs and fun editing, quite enjoyable.

I spoke to my brother in Regina today as well, apparently my Dad has been moved to the rehabilitation centre and has finally been able to stay still long enough to an MRI to be taken. His speach also seems to be improving. All good signs, a great relief to hear about.

So my house is ready for its closeup, but am I? Tomorrow I will be taping three live airings of some kind of fitness product on The Shopping Channel. I'm also on the short list to appear in a Time/Life commercial for their Sixties music collection. My reluctant acting career takes another lurch forward...

Listening to: Les Cheveux de mon Amour by Lola Dutronic from The World of Lola Dutronic.

No comments:

Post a Comment