Dec 12, 2006

Christmas Spirits

Nap TimeCatch-up post again... Last Friday we took custody of Sheryl's dog Barkley while she is away for a week of cruising in the Gulf of Mexico. He's been a good guest again, except for the first night when he peed at the foot of my bed. I heard him walk into the hall and then back in to my room several times, so I think he was trying to locate the "proper" place but was nervous about going down the stairs in the dark because his eye sight is failing.

Saturday we drove out to Cobourg for a Christmas visit with my parents, as they are leaving shortly for two months in the Florida Keys. My brother and sister's families will be joining them at Christmas, but I won't be going down with Chris until just before New Year's Eve. It's going to be a quiet holiday here...

Swimsuit Models?Before driving out though I took part in the second annual Toronto Santa Speedo Run. This is a charity fund raiser that consists of a 2.5K fun run through the snooty streets of Yorkville. Wearing nothing but a red Speedo swimsuit! It was several degrees below freezing, and I felt more exposed than even the temperature could account for. There were about eighty runners, and we raised over $14,000 for the Hospital for Sick Children's Toys and Games fund.

After spending the night in Cobourg we came home for a Sunday afternoon neighbourhood Christmas party. It's the only time we all gather together so I was happy to be there. Chris hung out in the basement with a frequently refurbished plate of nibbles and watched Cars with the other teenagers. That's when the "spirits" entered my body. A neighbour appointed himself glass-filler and when I reflected on it afterward, as I clung to the arms of my sofa, I realised that I'd probably had six or seven generous glasses of wine...

Monday was another party, this time with my friend Adrian, at a modeling agency's Christmas party at The Social Bar on Queen St. West. Very little spirits this time as I was driving and it was a cash bar...

Listening to: Feel It by Jakalope from It Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment