Aug 11, 2006

Full nest again

Chris came back from camp this afternoon and is snug in his bed upstairs right now. A big load of laundry is whirling around in the washing machine too. I resisted the urge to throw him in with it all... He'll go back to camp Sunday afternoon, right after my triathlon.

We had a chicken vindaloo dinner to celebrate with Sheryl (one of my sister-in-law's excellent prepared gourmet Indian sauces) and then took in the film of his choice (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby). Sheryl declined to join us... Let's just say that it's a "summer movie" and leave it at that. Ricky's kids got some choice lines and the supporting roles were nicely defined. Overall though, I think it was a bit mean about the "NASCAR culture." And that's coming from a Formula One fan! (Which apparently means I'm a self-important gay frenchman.)

Listening to: Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson from In Between Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment