May 25, 2006

Itchy Feet

Lake O'Hara

Summer's coming and I'm getting the itch to visit wild places. It's been almost ten years since I've been in the mountains! For a geologist, this can get painful... This morning I found a photo of Lake O'Hara, from a 1997 vacation in the Rocky Mountains. (Click on it to see the full-size version.) Perhaps I'll get down to see my brother in the Catskills this summer.

Sheryl flew to Australia on Tuesday, she'll be back in three weeks. Maybe this has helped trigger my wanderlust. In the meantime Chris and I are dog-sitting again and following the Edmonton Oilers' trip to the Stanley Cup. (Toronto didn't even make the playoffs and my favourites, the Ottawa Senators, were stopped by Buffalo in the first round.)

Listening to: Sand in My Shoes by Dido from Life for Rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment