Nov 8, 2004

Har! Treasure ho!

My son went to his mother's the day after Halloween, but before he left he carefully boxed up his candies and hid them from me. The next day I wanted to add some of the candies I had bought but had not distributed to trick-or-treaters. It was only then I realised that he had buried his treasure like a good pirate should. It took me five days to find his stash! I debated moving it to an even better hiding place (I'm the one who hides the Christmas presents after all), but decided to leave it alone.

He comes home tonight and I think I'll watch him to see how good a poker player he is... I like the way he's starting to think. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I hid one of M's Christmas presents in my closet on Friday. I now have no idea where its at. Of course, if I really wanted to find it all I'd have to do is leave me alone in there for 2 minutes and he'd sniff it out.

    Funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some kids have a sixth sense when it comes to goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he noticed! He scanned the stash as soon as he thought he was unobserved. But he's not sneaky enough to stop himself from yelling out "There's more!" :-)

    Lost childhood treasures... Reminds me of Amelie. Remind me to remind everyone to rent it. Who knows who will inadvertently find your stash again. Sounds like you've lost your bong pipe rather than a collection of special baseball cards though.

    Thanks for dropping in ShyGirl. I found your blog recently and I have the feeling that you're not really that shy. But I like that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I hope your stash is found by archaeologists a thousand years from now and is the only evidence left of our civilization. What an interesting view of the 20th century that would provide! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're right, it has been a week since my last post. Time flies, and I know how y'all hang on my every word. I'll put some thoughts down later tonight.

    As far as your threat goes, you can't scare me by going all Scent Of A Woman on me, Ms. Pacino. :-)

    ReplyDelete