Sep 24, 2004

Step Away from the Knife

Sometimes you just can't make up these things... At the end of August I gave my eleven year old son, "C", a little Swiss Army Knife I had been keeping in the glove box of my car (now deceased, so I'm temporarily a pedestrian). He was delighted to have it and spent a lot of time examining it, determining whether it needed cleaning, and considering it possible uses in daily life. A few days later he was at his Mother's ("BB") house getting ready for the first day of Grade Six and had a conversation that went like this:

C: Can I take my knife to school to show to my friends?
BB: I don't know. Why don't you take it to school and ask your teacher?

An hour later...
C: Ms. H, is OK for me to show my Swiss Army Knife to my friends?
Ms. H: Let's ask the Principal after I've pinned you to the ground.

Ten minutes later:
Me (answering cell phone): Hello?

Luckily this is Canada so there were no SWAT teams involved. In fact even the "pinned to the ground" is artistic license. Still what the hell was my Ex thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment