Dec 22, 2007

Season's Greetings

I've been having a terrible time recovering from my flight back from Australia! I'll resume blogging as soon as I get some important tasks completed (or at least started...)

Xmas 2007
Dear friends and family,

It's been an interesting year with Chris starting high school, our move into a new home and my completion of an Ironman triathlon in Australia(!). I hope that you are all well and I look forward to catching up with each of you soon.

Sadly my father Bruce, battling cancer for the last few years, suffered a stroke in March and passed away in August at the age of 73. My triathlon in Australia at the beginning of December was timed to coincide with a family memorial service in Perth.

I'm treating this photo as a Christmas image owing to the presence of the colour red... It was taken a few minutes after I completed my Ironman race in a time of 10:46:01, about an hour faster than I had expected and good enough to place 15th out of 70 in my age group! Chris earned his wings as an "Iron Spectator", spending just as long waiting to see me flash past nine times.

All the best,
Ben
Listening to: I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (Stuhr Remix) by Kay Starr from Christmas Remixed - Holiday Classics Re-Grooved.

No comments:

Post a Comment