Aug 17, 2006

Dream in High Park

Last night Sheryl and I packed a picnic dinner and headed over to High Park for CanStage's open-air production of The Comedy of Errors. It was a very entertaining and professional performance, and we enjoyed it under the stars of a warm summer evening. Perfect! The stage was at the foot of a hillside that has been shaped into an amphitheatre. Excellent acoustics and sight lines, but a bit hard on the backside unless you'd brought a cushion (we didn't). It always takes me about ten minutes to adjust my "ear" to Shakespearean dialog, but then it's amazing how well it flows.

As darkness fell the bats came out to protect us from flying insects. I took delight in pointing them out to Sheryl, making sure to note that they had tiny furry bodies and leathery wings with tiny claws...

Today has been a whirl of activity. The day really started with a birthday lunch with Mom at Allen's on the Danforth followed by a quick gym workout and then another Project Freeride cycling workout (hills again...). After that it was back down to the Danforth, this time to the Fox and Fiddle, for dinner and drinks with my triathlon club as we bid several of our members good luck in next week's Ironman Canada out in British Columbia.

Now I'm pretty pooped and thinking nervously about my next race this Sunday. There are apparently 1,200 athletes registered! By far the "biggest" race I've ever participated in.

Listening to: Walking With a Ghost by Tegan and Sara from So Jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment